Friday, November 17, 2017

Until The Sky Dies Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

I've been recording music - Industrial, Noise and - Metal for over 25 years. I have recorded under As All Die (Martial industrial Noise), Long Winters Stare (Symphonic Dark Doom metal) and Black Depths Grey Waves (Black Noise) . Until the Sky Dies was me wanting to mix Metal, Noise Rock and Avant sounds all in one for the first time. I recorded this with my longtime friend and brother Ryan Michalski we lived on the same street in NJ in the late 1980's. We are working on the next chapter for this band now as well.

2.You have an album coming out in November, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Yes, Cimmerian Shade is releasing it Worldwide.  I would say its Post Metallic Hardcore with a love of Doom and Electronics

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?

The Year Zero Blueprint is a concept piece.  It’s about a world where no one has freewill and everyone serves a purpose. Until one day a child is born with free will and the revolution begins. I would say it about the struggle of Control and Independence within one’s destiny.

4.Also all of the song titles start with Roman numerals, can you tell us a little bit more about this concept?


I didn't use titles because I wanted you to listen and feel free to understand the story in your own vision and not allow titles to cause judgement.


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Until The Sky Dies'?

Just wanted to have a band name people would not forget and it ties into my other band As All Die which is recording a new album for Aesthetic Death label ..

6.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to remain a duo?

We are talking about doing live show with other live members but as far as writing and recording it will be the two of us as it really is my project and a dear friend helps me make it something special.

7.The album is coming out on Cimmerian Shade Recordings, are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?

Hell yes !!! David owner of label gave me the freedom to have it sound as I wanted, the artwork done the way I wanted by amazing friend named Lindsay and got a great PR team with Earsplit getting the world out. He is what a good indie label should be.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of avant garde and extreme metal?

We have had raves by No Clean Singing and Svbterranean and others have hated the album. If you don't make music that causes passion on either side of the spectrum then you have failed. It’s brand new so far but were getting strong press and people have been very supportive.


9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?

As I said ,As All Die is working on new album. I have a Harsh Noise/Power electronics project under my own name of Clint Listing working on a tape release. Ryan Has a band called Cosmic Punch that is a Alt Punk band with some big time Pop influences. Ryan and I are also working on Heavy Punk band called Idiot Robot we recorded two songs and I may never go further.


10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

The next Until the Sky Dies album who knows it comes as it comes I will say we are going to experiment with Noise Rock more I have a love of labels like AmRep, Touch and Go, and  SST. It would be rooted in Doom and Avant Metal as that is what love.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Well, the bands that influenced me are Swans, Melvins, Dolorian, Cop Shoot Cop, Neurosis, Ulver, Paradise Lost, Devin Townsend, Dan Swano, Eyehategod, and Faith No More.

There are a few newer bands that really impress me I write a music zine myself called  The Doorway to. Go there to see what I like and hate lol.

12.What are some of your nonmusical interests?

I'm a DC and Marvel Comic nerd (Lantern Corps, Moon Knight and Iron man ), Sci Fi and  Horror stuff, Love Linux/ Android Computing and My Dog  Grizzly

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Check out  http://thedoorwayto.com  everything I do musically is there. Also remember challenge yourself and create (Music, Art , Writing, Cooking , Building etc) if you don't then you’re not allow to be a critic.


No comments:

Post a Comment